Thursday, August 16, 2012

Marketing with QR Codes

Have you noticed these funny little things everywhere?  They're QR Codes.

What are QR Codes?

QR stands for quick response and its very similar to a barcode.

QR Codes are more effective for marketing because they can store more information including web links, coordinates and text.

The QR Code digital pattern can be scanned with QR readers or barcode scanners on Smartphones. The images can be added to print ad, direct mail, posters and much more.  I designed this one for my car.


How can QR codes benefit my business?

QR codes create an interactive customer experience that gets attention. They are more dynamic than a business card or just a label with your website and email address. They allow prospects and customers to instantly connect to and act on information about your business, a special discount, or invitation to an event you're planning.

What can I link to?

You can link to anything, your website, Facebook Page or Twitter.  You could simply provide a message with your phone number.  It's best to link to something of  "value" for your customers to give them an incentive for connect to your site (e.g., to obtain an exclusive offer).

How do I get my own QR Code?

I used Unitag to make this one for free. You can make them with or without the branded image in the center.   It's really fairly simple, however, if you like I'll can create one for you.  Just choose whether you want to use an image in the center or not, include your QR message, use Paypal link below to send the payment and email me your image.

Once you have your own QR Code, you can use it on your business cards, print it on stickers, add it to brochures and posters and even put it on your car!

Custom QR Code
Enter your QR Message or link